- Exhibitor registration is now open for the 2017 I2SL Annual Conference! You'll save $1,000 per booth when you register and pay by April 5, 2017. Sign up today.
- Save the date for the 2017 I2SL Annual Conference, taking place October 15-18, 2017 at the Marriott Copley Place in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Congratulations to the 2016 Go Beyond Award winners!
- If you forgot to fill out or turn in a conference attendance form with the continuing education credits you earned at the 2016 I2SL Annual Conference contact I2SL.
- Have you heard about the first annual North American Laboratory Freezer Challenge? I2SL and My Green Lab are teaming up to challenge laboratories across North America to tackle the frozen wilderness of your lab's refrigeration units and improve your cold storage management. Learn more about the challenge, including how you can register to participate.
- Are you up to the challenge? Watch this inspiring Freezer Challenge video, spread the word and sign up to join labs from around the continent to develop sample management skills and save energy!
- Check out this article from Lab Manager Magazine, "Improving Energy Efficiency in Cold Storage Systems," to learn why cold storage management is important.
- Welcome to the Branch of China Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Association!
- Are you interested in starting an I2SL Chapter in your region? Let us know and we will connect you to other industry professionals in your region as well as other chapter officers to help you successfully kick off a new I2SL Chapter.
- At the 2016 I2SL Annual Conference, FEMP Director Tim Unruh announced the launch of the Better Buildings Smart Labs Accelerator. This initiative, supported by I2SL, aims to advance energy efficiency in laboratory buildings owned and operated by universities, corporations, hospitals, and federal agencies. I2SL invites laboratories to commit to reducing energy use in labs by at least 20% over the next 10 years and implement no- or low-cost measures in the shorter-term.
- Read the Smart Labs Accelerator fact sheet to learn more about this initiative, or view the partnership agreement if you are ready to become an Accelerator partner.
- Check out a video to get an overview of the Smart Labs Accelerator.
- Calling all scientists! I2SL Partner, My Green Lab, is leading the effort to bring ENERGY STAR® ratings to new ultra-low temperature freezers. Take a brief survey to tell us what freezers you use in your laboratories.
- Explore "HVAC Control Strategies for Laboratories" during this month's I2SL High-Tech Talks webinar.
- Get I2SL's most recent Sustainability Scoop: Join the 2017 North American Laboratory Freezer Challenge.
- I2SL, with Alison Farmer, Ph.D., kW Engineering, and Matt Gudorf, University of California, Irvine, collaborated to produce a new Best Practices Guide: Energy Efficiency Projects and Principal Investigators. The guide offers expert advice for cultivating cooperation and communication with key lab personnel throughout the retrofit process so that lab construction is not a major disruption. The guide is free to I2SL Members. To download, log into the Member Portal, navigate to I2SL Tools, and select Best Practices Guide: Energy Efficiency Projects and Principal Investigators. Non-I2SL Members can purchase the guide for $35.
- Find out about new job opportunities.
- Build your laboratory and other high-tech facility expertise with resources on the Laboratory Basics page.
Get Involved With I2SL
- I2SL's LinkedIn Group to get regular updates on the I2SL Annual Conference, Chapter activities, and industry information. You can also use I2SL's Online Community to promote your own events and high-tech laboratory news.