I2SL National Capital Chapter
Welcome to the I2SL National Capital Chapter! The I2SL National Capital Chapter seeks to be a local resource and community for high-tech laboratory and data center users, builders, and suppliers. The chapter offers quarterly and annual meetings focused on technical topics, visiting built projects, and meeting with like-minded individuals to collaborate and develop further ideas for the industry.
David Tash, P.E.– U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Adel Abumohor, Jacobs Commissioning
Gary McKelvey – Siemens
Selena Lo – Jacobs
Ruoke Chen – OLBN
The chapter is looking for a few good volunteers to join our committees and grow this highly enterprising chapter which includes the federal community, real estate brokerage and development, design, engineering and construction community, higher education, and research leaders in bio and pharma, regionally and inside the Capital Beltway.
Join I2SL's National Capital Chapter for our 2023 Spring Party on Wednesday, May 31 from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Eastern to network and hear about "What’s happening in Maryland’s Life Science Real Estate Market" presented by Aaron Gambini of Scheer Partners. Register today!
Previous Educational Programs
- Advanced Technologies: Optimizing the Building Design and Construction Lifecycle
- Where is Federal Science Research Going?
- Practical Case Study on Saving Energy in an Existing Research Lab w/tour of the Institute for Bioscience and Biotechnology Research
- Integrated BAS to Help Save Energy in Laboratories
- A Net-Zero Lab & Integrated BAS to Help Save Energy in Laboratories
- Low Entropy Laboratory Design
- The Research Workplace – Blurring the Lines
- Thermo Fisher Facility Tour
- Repurposing of Building Stock for Labs –Sustainable, Yet Challenging
- Unisphere – Targeting Net Zero Energy through the use of Advanced Building Technologies
- The J. Craig Venter Institute and SUPPER CHARRETTS
- Are You Ready To Operate? Designing Operating Rooms to meet new Technological Advancements
- Optimizing Lab Exhaust: Modeling to Save Energy & Safeguard Users & Neighbor
- cGMP Commissioning
- Sustainability Can Make for a Green Bottom Line!
- CJ Blossom Park, R&D Magazine’s 2018 Lab of the
- NIH High Performance Design – Enhancing the Economics of Your Facilities
- Aseptic Improvements in Operating Rooms and ICU Patient Rooms
- Airborne Contamination, Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI’s) and ACTIVE Particle Control Technology
- New NIH Campus Thermal Energy Storage System Installation & Optimization
Chapter Event Photos